Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hello Everyone!

I miss you all so much! My Tuesdays seem a little strange now that our fall session is over and we won't be back in full swing until March. I'm thankful technology makes it possible for us to keep in touch, though. I hope you'll be an active part of this blog and that you'll stay in touch personally with those friends you've made at Church 4 Chicks. Remember, we were created for deep, meaningful, open, and honest relationships with God and others, so don't allow the busy-ness of the Holiday Season keep you from being intentional to care for those very special people in your life.

The Hendrix Household is feeling pretty peaceful this year. A couple of years ago, when I was trying to attend every party that I was invited to, and felt ragged before Christmas ever got here, I decided I needed to scale back on the craziness and really enjoy this special season. It goes by too fast anyway, and I want to really savor the Christmas season. So, last Christmas and this Christmas, I've been doing just that, and it's wonderful! I can honestly tell you that it has made such a great difference.

It's becoming a tradition for me to read through the Gospel accounts of the true story of Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore our cultural traditions as well, but if we're not careful, we can miss out on what the season is truly about. Take a look at this sweet picture from the movie The Nativity:

As you look at the picture above, I wonder, what are some words that come to your mind? What feelings do you experience? For me, one thing that overwhelms me is that this picture conveys a wonderful truth, and that is that God proved in such an unbelievable way, that He indeed loves us and keeps His promises. He promised redemption for mankind, and He provided for this in such an incredible way--words just can't adequately describe what He did for us in sending Jesus into our world for us. I am amazed when I stop and take some time to meditate on the fact that God loves us so much that He gave His only Son so that we could be reconciled to God and be made part of His family. I'm undone when I consider that I am an heir of God and a co-heir with Christ because of God's love and grace. WOW.

How does He love us? Let us count the ways this Christmas and may we be expressions of the love to a lost, crazy busy, hectic, and confused world around us. Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with us...shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!