Friday, July 26, 2013

Forgiveness: A Good Place To Start! A Guest Post by Renee Fisher, @devotionaldiva


Photo By Renee Fisher


Forgiveness: A Good Place To Start! 

By

Renee Fisher 


Maybe you’re the one wrestling with choices from the past.  You’re in deep sorrow. Maybe you’re bitter.  No matter what the pain of the past, God offers His hand.

Before His crucifixion, Jesus warned Peter that he would one day deny Him.  Peter was horrified at the idea.  “No way!” he said.  “I’ll never deny You.”…but then he did.  He denied that he had ever known Jesus…three times.

Ouch.  Never make a deal you can’t keep.  Peter broke his word even after Jesus gave him a warning.  How do you make sense of that?

Fortunately, the story’s not over.  I love what happens later.  After Jesus had risen from the dead He was eating and chilling with His disciples.  He took Peter aside during breakfast and asked him a tough question.  He said, “Do you love Me” (You can read the whole story in John 21:15-19). 

Now, we unfortunately only have one word for love in the English language.  In Greek there are three words.  The first is eros, which means romance or sexual love.  The second, phileo means a brotherly love.  It suggests deep affection, like you have for your closest friends.  Agape love is the strongest of all.  It can’t be earned but can only be freely given.  It’s a love that comes without expectations.  This is the kind of love Christ showed for us when He died on the cross. 

When Jesus asked Peter if he loved him, he was talking about agape--the granddaddy of all love.  Peter says, “Yes, Lord.  You know that I love you.”  Sounds pretty good and nice…but they’re not talking about the same thing.  Jesus is asking, “Do you agape me?” and Peter responds, “I phileo you.”  He’s basically saying, “I heart you, Friend.”  That’s not what Jesus wants.  It’s only phileo love.  Jesus asks Peter again, “Do you agape me?”  “I phileo you,” says Peter.  Jesus asks one more time, but this time he changes it up.  “Peter do you phileo me?”  He says.  “Do you heart me, Friend?” and Peter says, “Yes!” 

I love how God knows how much we fail and screw up miserably, and yet He sees us in our pain and meets us where we are.  He wants and tries for the best in each one of us.  He knows us personally enough to know when we’re not giving our all, or when we’re not even capable of loving.  What a fantastic day of questions for Peter and Jesus.  I’m sure they both went away thinking, "Phew! That’s a good place to start!"

~ Adapted from “Forgiving Others, Forgiving Me.” © 2013 Harvest House Publishers.  If you would like to know more about how to forgive others as well as yourself, please feel free to check out Renee Fisher’s new book on Amazon releasing August 1st 

Renee Fisher, the Devotional Diva®, is the spirited speaker and author of Faithbook of Jesus, Not Another Dating Book, Forgiving Others, Forgiving Me, and Loves Me Not.  A graduate of Biola University, Renee’s mission in life is to “spur others forward” (Hebrews 10:24) using the lessons learned from her own trials to encourage others in their walk with God.  She and her husband, Marc, live in California with their dog, Rock Star.  Learn more about Renee at www.devotionaldiva.com and her newest book at www.forgivingme.com.

6 comments:

  1. After been in relationship with a guy for 3 years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don't believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr, Aduwawa and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: (aduwawaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) or you can call him on +2348112019701, you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CAN NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT YOU SIR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Thanks to Mss. Grace for helping me when i needed help.
    My name is Olivia Marian from USA I never believe in love spells until I experience Grace Solution Temple, and after she cast a love spell for me my Ex called me to apologize for the pain that she has caused me and till today we are living a happy family, if you need a right place to solve your problems contact greatspellofsolutiontemple@gmail.com is the right choice. she is a great woman that have been casting spells with years of experience, she cast spells for different purposes like:
    (1)If you want your ex back.
    (2)If you always have bad dreams.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)You want women/ men to run after you.
    (5)If you want a child.
    (6)[You want to be rich.
    (7)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8)If you need financial assistance.
    (9)Herbal care
    Contact her today on: greatspellofsolutiontemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give God all the thanks for bringing Lord Zakuza into my life to help me get my wife back that got me divorced for almost a year. I was the last person on earth to accept the fact that spells exist not until Lord Zakuza helped to get my wife back within 48 hours with his powerful spells. For good 3 months after the divorce, i was demoted at my place of work due to depression for i don't know what to do to get her back but thank God today for using Lord Zakuza to get my happiness and love life back. Just last week here, i was promoted back to my position and i'm here to share my own experience with this man called Lord Zakuza. I don't know what you are going through today but know that in all situation there's always a way out. Contact him now for any help via WhatsApp on: +17405739483 and Email on: DOCTORZAKUZASPELLTEMPLE@HOTMAIL.COM

    ReplyDelete
  4. TESTIMONY ON HOW MY FARM BUSINESS WAS BEING RESUSCITATED THROUGH THE HELP OF HARRY STEVEN LOANS

    Hello General Public, my names are Anna Van Alexandar and am from the western cape region of south Africa, a farmer by profession. I would like to testify about a loan company that helped me when i was facing financial problems at my farm. These problems started 6months ago when i needed a loan to boost my farm work,I came across so many loan companies That scammed me of the remaining small money i had, i never relented because i really need the loan.I was refereed by a good friend of mine to this loan company. We immediately contacted the loan company seeking the amount of $1,000,000.00 he then sent me an application. I completed all that was required from me, after an hour i was informed that my loan was approved. It took me by surprise, because i expected the loan to take a bit longer than that even though my friend told me that it will be approved the same day. My loan was transferred into my bank account that same day. I am sharing my testimony today with everyone so that if you happen to be facing a financial problem then kindly contact HARRY STEVEN LOANS. Please my fellow south Africans if you need a loan for any purpose at all i will advise you to contact this great loan company for help, Email: ( harrystevenloanfirm@yahoo.com OR harrystevenloanfirm@gmail.com ) so happy now all thanks to Mr HARRY STEVEN the General Manager of HARRY STEVEN LOANS and i also want to thank my friend for showing me the right path. Contact this loan company today if you need a loan and tell them that I Anna Van Alxendar referred you to them I have referred so many people to them and they helped them just the same way they helped me also, that makes me happy the more. CONTACT THIS MAIL TODAY FOR YOUR LOAN: harrystevenloanfirm@yahoo.com OR harrystevenloanfirm@gmail.com as he is EFFECIENT,DYNAMIC AND 100% RELIABLE.....



    ReplyDelete

  5. Three weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. it all started when i Travel to UK to spend my holiday with my friend,i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when i came back from UK i saw him with a lady kissing, i was frustrated and it gives me sleepless night. I called my friend told her what happened and she introduce me to a spell cater who helped her long time ago. Which i contact him and i never believed that the spell will work so easily because i have contacted many spell casters to get him back all they do is to take my money with no result. I am happy to tell you all that my boyfriend is back and committed to me alone and he do whatever i ask him to do with love and care. All thanks to DR ODUCK AYAMUD the great magician who helped me to restore my boy friend to me: oduckayamud49@yahoo.com OR oduckayamud49@gmail.com .... YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE EMAILS TO CONTACT HIM. Email this powerful and authentic spell caster via email now : oduckayamud49@yahoo.com OR oduckayamud49@gmail.com .... YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE EMAILS TO CONTACT HIM..YOU CAN ALSO CALL / ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP USING THIS MOBILE NUMBER:+2347059232579



    ReplyDelete

  6. Hello , am Christine Ruffus from New York Texas, am 37 years old, I saw a comment posted by wandy brimm from Vegas, on how she was free from skin cancer with cannabis CANNABIS OIL by DoctorODUCK AYAMUD , I was diagnosed of HPV infections for the pass two years , I contacted wandy and she told me that this very doctor cures HPV cancer and he also cures HIV/AIDS too, then I contacted DR.OSCAR DILAN, so he told me what to do to get healing and free from HPV , so I make provisions for the HERBAL CREAM which I used for two weeks and now just to see that the exact week which doctorODUCK AYAMUD told me I will be healed I was feeling good and healthy , my skin regained, I went for check up in the hospital and my doctor told that me that all the virus disappeared from my blood vessels and normal, then DR ODUCK AYAMUD asked me to promise him that I we testify of his good herbal work to the world, so I we like you to contact him ( oduckayamud49@yahoo.com OR oduckayamud49@gmail.com .... YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE EMAILS... ) if you have any health issue I believe doctor DR ODUCK AYAMUD we help you .... CONTACT HIM NOW: oduckayamud49@yahoo.com OR oduckayamud49@gmail.com .... YOU CAN USE ANY OF THE EMAILS.................YOU CAN ALSO ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP USING THIS MOBILE NUMBER:+2347059232579


    ReplyDelete

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!