Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Living the Dream!

Our first "official" night of the new Spring Series was last night, and it went GREAT!


It was awesome having Jeff Chandler back to lead worship. He is a genuinely nice guy who loves the Lord and offers his talents in such a humble and gifted way. Make sure you check out his MySpace page to listen to his music and see where he'll be next. If you're looking for a worship leader or a singer for a concert/event, you'll want to consider Jeff. ( www.myspace.com/chandler360)

We also started a new thing that I'm looking forward to. We're having a different C4C Volunteer MC each week. You'll have a chance to get to know our amazing volunteers as you hear from different ladies each week. Last night, we kicked it off right: we had my MOM, Beth Turner, as our MC, and she did a great job!!

Next week, Debra Courtney will be leading us, and you don't want to miss it! Debra is one of the most sacrificial and humble women I've ever had the privilege to know. She's been with me since the beginning of C4C and is hardly seen because she is always helping by serving in Childcare. I want each of you to get to know her and give you a chance to thank her for her incredible contribution to C4C.

Our first session introduced our newest series, "Living the Dream." If you missed it, I'll tell you a couple of points we made to lay the groundwork for where we're headed:

1. Everyone of us struggles to find and maintain balance and wholeness. You are not alone in this struggle.

2. God has a purpose and plan, i.e. a God-sized dream, for each and every one of us. No one is left out!

3. We are all created equal: Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, Physical. When we live life in this order, we will come to find greater balance and wholeness. Often times, though, we live "upside down" and this leads to chaotic and unmanageable living.

4. The war is not that I don't measure up or that I wasn't dealt a fair hand in life, the war is in my understanding of my identity.

5. My understanding of my identity will determine for me those things I will "bow to" and those things to which I will not.

We recorded the teaching segment and will have that available soon.

Next week, we'll have a great time as we look at the Physical part of who we are and what we can begin doing now to become more intentional to take care of the bodies that have been entrusted to our care and stewardship. You won't want to miss it!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelley,
    Wanted to pop over her and leave you a response.
    Thanks for the link to the facebook page and blog.

    I have a blog as well. I write on it my journey of moving out of religious living to relationship. I'd love to have you stop by for a visit if you like:

    http://jewelsightings.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!