Friday, November 22, 2013

"Resting & Healing in His Shelter" - by Jennifer O. White


Your call to fearlessness is sustaining me.  Thank You, Mighty God, for being my wise counselor, my refuge, and my strength.  


I am covered by Your sheltering wing.  While you shelter me, You are fighting for me.  Time, space, my emotions, resources, and the cares of millions of other souls do not limit You.  


This present darkness does not diminish Your light.  While evil tip toes nearby, I know that You have erected a hedge of protection.  You defend the boundaries of my dearest relationships.  You have given me solace in green pastures and set a beautiful table for me in walking distance of my enemy.  


I sit quietly, releasing the breath that I have held captive in anxiousness.  My teeth are unclenched and my jaw relaxed.  The threat of confrontation thunders, but I am safe with You.  


For a few moments, I rest my head in the bed of Your heavenly ICU, every answer, every kindness, every life-saving precaution offered by You and Your ministering saints and angels. I cry out to you “Help Me”, and I wait, knowing You hear the cry of the broken.  Safety is mine, because You are the administrator of every good thing.

Photo by Jennifer O. White
Your Word is my medicine.  When my energy to speak or read fails, You deliver it to me.  Your song to me is my greatest comfort.  


My strength improves, and I walk to the window.  Your light is warm and invites me to see You at work beyond the walls of my current reality.  Nature reminds me of Your creative power; I see what You have done and smile.  My heart settles to an easy rhythm, and I breathe in a sureness of You.  What I see is much more grand than an army could provide.  


I will rest while You work.  


The removal of my self-protective tissue will heal.  The new implants of surrender and dependence will thrive under Your care.  This place of rest and rehabilitation has five-star accommodations.  

My heart longs to remain here, never again to pay rent to the slumlord of fear.




Jennifer White
Author, Speaker & Encourager
Prayerfully Speaking
@jenniferowhite
Jennifer White pursues God in prayer with the Bible as her guide. She leads others to do the same at Prayerfully Speaking. Wife to David is her highest calling. She recently completed her first book; Prayers for new Brides: Putting on the Armor After the Wedding Dress.  #LIVEWONDERSTRUCK with her that God is and does "more than we can ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). #GodAnswers 



4 comments:

  1. Jennifer, I can't tell you how much I needed this (& need it stil!) in my present realities. Thank you for gracefully pointing me to the goodness and kindness of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully expressed Jennifer, insightful and encouraging. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley & Susan - I'm SO glad He is using this season of my life to minister to you. He is here with us!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!