Monday, October 20, 2014

Fall, Change and Renewal by Cheryl Laurenza

Luke 10:38-42

I love Fall here in New England! The beautiful blue sky, cool to warm temps, and the foliage...it is the best in the country.  The brilliance of the colors draw "leaf peepers" from all over the country. After a warm Summer and busyness from vacations, and such, it is a slowing down and the transition to a different time and pace. I think we need "Fall" in our spiritual and emotional lives too. We need to be aware of the beauty around us, the changing of lives, and the transitions God wants to bring to us. It seems  we are often too busy in the "Summer" of our lives to slow down and see this. 

How about you? What are you aware of that God is teaching you? Can you see the growth that has come this past Spring and Summer or have you been scattered with many activities? It may be time to take a deep breath, dial it down, and be intentional about where you are and where He is taking you. Reread the scripture and recognize that we all tend to the Martha side of things if we are not being mindful that we need both that side and the "Mary" side to be balanced. 

I'm trying to take my own words to heart and be more intentional about this as well. I'm thankful for the built in reminders this season here in New Hampshire gives me to slow down, enjoy the beauty, and look to my Creator for each step. I desire to sit at His feet and learn from Him, nothing else compares. It's is only after this that I am filled and able to do what I am called to do.

Blessed Fall Sisters


Cheryl Laurenza, LPC, LCMHC
For more information on aloneness in marriage or otherwise, check out Center For Relational Care out of Austin, TX or contact me via email.
calaurenza@comcast.net
www.refugecounselingcenter.org





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!