Monday, November 3, 2014

Part 3 "All Shook Up" Out of Carolina by Debra Courtney




Photo courtesy of Bing images


“So if when you are offering your gift at the alter you there remember that your brother has any [grievance] against you, Leave your gift at the altar and go. First make peace with your brother, and then come back and present your gift.” Matthew 5; 23 & 24



What took place next in my life was as close to as being an “All Shook Up” metamorphous as I could have possibly went through at that time. No wonder our eternal enemy does not want us to find out about this:

THE FORCE OF FORGIVENESS

You talk about a knock down and drag out. I had one with just about everybody...in my mind that is. You see that is where the battle of forgiveness is fought.  The Holy Spirit had to get me to a place where nothing was going to work in my life until I worked un-forgiveness out of my life against everyone. Even the people whom I thought I had forgiven, yet kept bring up remarks that proved otherwise. I was still pulling un-forgiveness behind me like one of them little clacker toys that you drag behind you.

When I got tired of being beat up by the enemy of my soul, I had to make another decision…; do I want to live in the CURSES OR THE BLESSINGS? Do I want to live in THE LIGHT OR DARKNESS? It is a choice and depending on how you look with that black and blue body from being punched around for 40+ years…well I fell down on my knees and pray for help in this area. It truly is something I could not do in and of myself. Allowing unforgiveness or keeping offences with people is like wishing someone dead, yet you are the one taking in the poison. The prisoner it really frees is you.

I had to have help with the revelation of what powerful force forgiveness really is. It is the force that can raise you from the dead.   When I got that revelation deep down on the inside of me, and it is not something you get in your mind it has to come out of your heart because it is out of the heart that the issues of life flow.  Yes, it is a daily choice to forgive especially ourselves. If we have been on this earth any length of time we have baggage we wished we did not have and memories of things we are ashamed of. However, that’s the great thing about forgiveness and being born again.

“Forgiveness” by Matthew West, is a song that I listen to from time to time. Weather it is preaching/teaching the WORD,  CD/DVD’s, reading my BIBLE or listening to music about the love of God and that I am forgiven; however I choose to get it inside of me it helps to bring me revelation knowledge the fact of the price that was paid at the Cross on my behalf.
I am a FORGIVER.

You’ll never guess how I wound up…

Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women globally to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom, understanding their designed-given personality identities & create their purpose! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!