Friday, March 27, 2015

The KNOW IT ALL! A Guest Post by Sydney Weaver




A know-it-all is one who claims to know everything; one who disdains advice  Merriam-Webster

A know-it-all is as a person who obnoxiously purports an expansive comprehension of a topic and/or situation when in reality, his/her comprehension is inaccurate or limited Wikipedia

I got a bit stirred up by a question posted on my Linkedin group that asked, "What makes you confident?"

In an almost immediate response I typed out what makes me confident is...."
Hiding behind someone who knows it all!"  

I'll say it!  I want to have a know-it-all appearance, but I can't pull this off!  Can we admit the truth and say we DO want to feel popular amongst our peers?

I believe, ultimately, that confidence comes from knowing who you are because of whose you are. To be in relationship with Jesus is to rely on and trust in the One who knows all about us.  We can be hidden in, or behind Him.  


For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.  Colossians 3:3 AMP

I was brought back about 20 years ago when I pulled up alongside a pretty girl in a very nice car at a traffic light.  At my first glance, she seemed to have it all - the looks and the car!  Almost immediately, I heard the Lord tell me that is how I saw it in my own eyes.  But the truth was, I had a very real confidence because I looked good 'hidden in Him!'  With Jesus being at the forefront, I had everything!

The Lord will be your confidence.  Proverbs 3:26 NKJV


No one can be the best YOU.  You are the original, and God intended for you to live your life in full expression, because that gives Him the glory.


Are you a know it all?  Well, you CAN know-it-all based on a relationship with Christ. Today can be your day of salvation.  Today can be the day you give your life completely to Him, by asking Him to forgive your sins and surrendering your life to Him.  Allow Him to give you the best life you could have on earth, and eternity.  Don't miss it. 


Listen to his voice today.  If you hear it, don’t be stubborn Hebrews 4:7 NIRV


When I was 24, I asked, 'If You're real, I want to know You.’  That night, alone in my room at midnight April 1991, Jesus changed my life forever!  My heart was opened to the truth that night, the truth of who He really is.  He came in like a flood and radically started to change my life from the inside out - and continues!  This particular night…it all began when I was set ablaze with a desire to give hope and encouragement to others as I now knew!  


The next morning, I told my roommate what happened in my room the night before.  Though she was quite stunned to hear of my encounter, over the next few days, she couldn’t deny the big change that happened to her best friend. Almost immediately (it seems) I could not keep my mouth shut to tell others about Life in Him.  Within months, I moved from my hometown of MA to attend bible school in FL and then onto CA.  Before graduation, I was offered an opportunity to live in Thailand and India for a year to teach in schools and villages (was I ever nervous!!) and everything in between.  Through it all, my best experiences were simple times like visiting ‘Jane’ who worked in an Indian telephone booth….going by each day and laughing and talking together (through an interpreter)…or walking down my street and having ladies invite me into their home to have coffee together. 

I am grateful for all the amazing people who have made me who I am today.  I am thrilled to be a cheerleader for others with words of truth! 

I cannot miss the opportunity to mention that I am married to the best man for me - he truly is amazing and amazes me daily.  Our life is full because God is at the forefront of all we hope to do.

To contact me:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!