Monday, April 6, 2015

The God Who Sees ~ By @ShelleyHendrix

So she called the Lord who spoke to her: The God Who Sees, for she said, “In this place, have I actually seen) the One who sees me?” 

Genesis 16:13 HCSB



Even for the most dedicated and growing follower of Jesus Christ, life can become unbearably hard. In my mid-20's I experienced the pain of deep rejection and abandonment when my first husband chose to leave our marriage to pursue a relationship with another woman. I told myself back then that if I could get through this "big pain" of my life...if I could be faithful with this trial...then I would have a testimony I could share with others that would help them. 

And I did.

God has allowed me through the years since 1999 to minister to hurting people who are learning to walk the painful path of redemption - with hope for a brighter, better day.

What I didn't know in 1999 was that there would be other seasons of "big pain" to come.

But what I've experienced, and am finally beginning to accept, is that part of what makes life beautiful is what my friend Stacey describes as the mixture of joy and sorrow, learning to live with our hands open to whatever God chooses to place in our lives. 

If not for His character, we would be without hope!! But because of who God IS, and because of what God DOES, we always, always, always have hope to hold onto!

God sees. He sees you and He sees me. And He isn't about to waste one single, solitary drop of the pain He has lovingly chosen to allow into our lives. 

As we reflect on the reality of the Resurrection this Easter Season, may we "drop our anchor" in the depth of Christ's power, grace, and love. 

My friend, Babbie Mason wrote a beautiful song with this theme in mind in the 1980's called "Trust His Heart." (You can listen to it here and I pray it comforts and encourages you wherever you are on your journey today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!