Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Two Tickets to Paradise – Long Life & Peace By Debra Courtney


Photo courtesy of 123rf.com

Proverbs 3:2: For length of days, and long life and peace, shall they add to thee.

There are two blessings here that should make every reader happy - long life and peace. Who doesn’t want to live longer and have peace that makes a life a continual feast?


We really don’t have to look too far to see all the billions of dollars that are spent each year on people searching for that fountain of youth. Research is frantically pursuing that famous pill or serum. Personal trainers for a better body are booked. We are spending more for food that is healthier and less chemically grown. Our living spaces are designed to bring peaceful surrounding to us. We get into meditation, to get our minds off of the distraction of life. We spend thousands for outside surroundings of beautiful flowers and lawns.

Sometime we go as far as water fountains and ponds so we can hear the soothing and relaxing noise of water flowing outside our bedrooms. Classical music is peaceful and soothing to our minds. I have downloaded an APP that loops sounds of the ocean and rainforest. The best sleep I ever had in my life was sleeping with the sliding doors open at the hotel in which I stayed in a ocean front room, and just listened to the waves roll in and out, until I lullabied off to sleep.   

I love the fact that wisdom gives me the convection and knowledge to live righteously, which saves me from disease, suicide, murder, alcoholism, and drug addiction. By obeying the laws of the land I am not in danger of hard punishment; and by the way I don’t look good in orange!

Have you ever noticed how sinners are always looking, and running to find contentment in their lives? I have known plenty of people such as this and they are never satisfied with their lives. I know because I used to be just like them. The fact is the search is on all the time for satisfaction in all degrees of pleasure and you never get enough. It is unattainable!

I was glad when I found the wisdom and the peace that surpasses all understanding.  I have found out that if I am going to have peace and long life in my marriage, work, friendships, general day to day living, and eternal peace; I am going to have to pursue it! And pursue it on purpose!

I can literally say that if the world was to blow up tomorrow, I am at peace!

Can you say that Wisdom brings you peace? Choose PEACE and LIVE! FOREVER!!!



Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women globally to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom, understanding their designed-given personality identities & create their purpose!  You can contact Debra at dwcscc@yahoo.com.  
                                             Celebrate Your Uniqueness!
...your voice is unique, and it is sweet to God’s ears.”
                        Song of Songs 2:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!