Friday, June 19, 2015

How May I Serve You or How Can I Sell You? Part 2 By Debra Courtney



blogging theologically.com

“…But I am among you as one who serves.” Luke 22: 27

I want to look at “How May I Serve You” compared to “How May I Sell You”
From the Wise King of Proverbs

How important is wisdom when it comes to serving the Owner, CEO, COO, CFO, Boss, President, Supervisor or your husband in their wants, needs and desires to get something done or accomplished? We all should know that having the right kind of  wisdom brings promotion and honor – foolishness brings demotion and shame (
Pr 3:354:812:816:2022:4). Our diligence in serving others brings advancement; slothfulness brings starvation (Pr 12:2420:4; 22:29). When I am not progressing professionally I must then be foolish, slothful, disrespectful, slow, or a combination of the afore-mentioned. I am not trying to be preachy. These are items I have to constantly stand on guard about with myself. I’m just sharing them with you.

If I know anything about business, I have come to learn in my own work that a wise fervent effectual servant will be promoted over a foolish person any day. When an owner or employer demands performance, they don’t care about age, color, sex, creed, or nationality. They desperately need productivity, punctuality, integrity, and obedience. They are looking for a person who will effectively do the task at hand. I experienced this first hand in at least five times with the different business I have been privileged to be involved in.

How? An owner or boss craves performance by those under them, or they cannot get a sufficient return on labor or capital for their own objectives. They will reward those who perform well with their assigned duties (
Pr 27:18). You ask, “How may I serve you”. Then when the task is done with the utmost fervent and effectual performance you will be rewarded lavishly! I know I have paid people lavishly for going above and beyond the call of their job performance.

I make it a habit to keep in the forefront of my mind of how my words are powerful containers and they will bring to manifestation what I have said in the past into my future. Successful people resent complaining sluggards, who blame circumstances rather than their own foolishness and poor performance. 

When King Solomon saw Jeroboam’s industry – intelligent, diligent, and systematic application of effort – though he was a young man, he promoted him into management (
I Kgs 11:28). He did not give the job to any of his sons. A few years later Jeroboam was king of ten tribes of Israel, and Solomon’s favored son Rehoboam had only two tribes!
                                    ...your voice is unique, and it is sweet to God’s ears.”
                                                           Song of Songs 2:14


Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women globally to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom, understanding their designed-given personality identities & create their purpose!  You can contact Debra at dwcscc@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!