Friday, December 30, 2011

You are the Light of the World! #Shine

Matthew 5:14-16
14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.



I love Christmas! My heart warms at just the thought of decorations, festive food, fun with family and friends and special traditions. My husband and I started a Christmas tradition when my oldest was still a baby.  We wanted him to understand that Christ is the reason we celebrate so big this time of year. Now, 7 years later, our four kids are always anxious to start our nights around the tree.

Each night, beginning after Thanksgiving, my family sits around the Christmas tree to talk about what Christ means to us as a family. On some nights the kids take turns telling the Christmas story, other nights it’s a fun Q & A quiz and sometimes we simply share from our hearts. Then, we break into a loud and enthusiastic rendition of “Jingle Bells”. Don’t judge our song of choice! We conclude with everyone touching a light and saying, “Jesus is the light of the world” before we pray. It’s a precious time for my family.

Imagine if I kept my Christmas tree hidden under a blanket, only unveiling its beauty while I was alone. I would see the beautiful lights and décor but my family would simply be full of questions wondering what the tree was all about. Sadly, many of us have been guilty of enjoying God’s light while hiding it from others.

Friends, as followers of Christ, we have the greatest light to share with the world. We miss an incredible opportunity when we hide His light, keeping it only for ourselves.  Let’s be committed to shine His light bright at anytime, wherever we go, to whomever we see. Let’s be a ray of hope for others who need God’s love, His redemption, His grace, His mercy and His presence.  Don’t discount the power of your smile, your encouraging word, your example…you are an extension of God’s light! Shine bright, chicks, shine bright!

by Tiffany Cooper





About TiffanyI live each day enjoying God's abundant blessings...my hubby of 13 years and our 4 sweet blessings...Cale, Cade, Caris and Case.

Although it can sound cliche at times, I am living a life more amazing than I dreamed. I love my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!