Friday, January 11, 2013

Renewal

            

Photo by Cheryl Laurenza
Renewal
Psalms 51:7
7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.


Cheryl Laurenza, MA, LPC, NCC



I was in New England for Christmas and experienced a couple of snow events. As I took pictures on a couple of nights, I was reminded of the fact that because of what Jesus did for me, I am " whiter than snow." It does not matter what the terrain looks like underneath, dirt, gravel, tar etc., when it is "covered" by a blanket of snow it is clean, white, beautiful. Unlike this though, we are "covered" not by a thin sheet of snow that can melt, become dirty or muddy, but we are permanently cleansed by His blood. How cool is that? God sees this "covering" provided by His son, not what is underneath for us.

In my case, this is huge as I shudder to think of how I tried to "cover" all the garbage myself. Works, behaviors, sacrifice, giving, the outside of the cup etc. All this is like snow that melts away and needs to be "covered" again and again, how exhausting and  futile this is. Walking in freedom that was purchased by Christ removes all my striving and attempts on "covering" my sin, it is washed away and forgiven. 

I pray and hope that you will recognize sister that if you are in Christ, you are "covered" in garments of white, clean, accepted just as you are, cease striving and accept what He has done for you.

*******************
Our writing team will share more on our identity in Christ, trusting HIM for our acceptance with God in every area of our lives, and more. We invite you to continue this journey with us and invite a friend or two to join you here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!