Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Reflections on 2012


Photo by Ameila Grace Photography

                                                                           
 
Refelctions on 2012
by Cheryl Laurenza
                                                                                                                                              
Well this has been quite a year, how about you? I sensed God leading and moving me to leave my position as staff counselor at FBCW after 8 years. This would require me to leave the security of a paycheck regardless of how many clients I saw, and more important to me was the fellowship and support of the best team in the country. Could it be that God would really call me out of my comfort zone into the unknown of private practice? What about letting others down and feeling responsible for the ministry. At every turn I kept sensing "this is the way, walk in it." So in late October I gave a 30 day notice to the best boss and friend in the world and am now officially my own employer.

 

It has been my experience that God does move us out of the comfort zone and into the unknown, loosens our grip so our hands could be emptied that they could then be filled with what he has for us. So often we are clinging so tightly to the past or the good, that we never get to see the best. My prayer is that we would all be open to walking I to the ad entire that life can be when we trust, though afraid, and walk. Dear sisters, what is He saying to your heart that you are scared to acknowledge? He will make it clear, you are on the threshold of 2013 and an incredible journey of faith. Be encouraged, be strong and courageous.

3 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    So great! God is really moving in your life. Funny how that can scare us. Are you still in Christian counseling?

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sheryl

      Thanks for your comment. Yes I am in private practice in Roswell, GA.

      The Refuge Counseling Center
      www.refugecounselingcenter.org
      Cheryl@refugecounselingcenter.org

      Delete
  2. Cheryl,

    LOVE the picture you shared today of grasping something too tightly doesn't allow us to be open to what God has planned for us! You make a huge difference in so MANY lives - mine included! Honored to be part of this project with you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!