Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hope

Photo By Tracee Persiko
  

Hope

ByTracee Persiko


Hope is a seemingly small word, but she packs a big punch.



Hope seems fleeting at times, especially in certain seasons of life.

I catch glimpses of hope. At times, I even catch glimpses of what I am even hoping for.  There are days where those glimpses seem to fill me up with more hope and motivation, and there are days where hope is silent.  I experience times when I have hope in a moment, and in that same breath feels, like I got the hope knocked right out of me.

I am learning that hope is not meant to be seen or understood, for who hopes in what is seen? It is the knowledge that unseen things are happening, and the mystery of the unseen that evokes hope.

Hope requires faith and faith hope.


Hope is the desire we have that something we want can and will happen. Hope is also the desire that things will turn out for the best, even if it does not look anything like how we hoped.

The blessing of glimpses is also something that causes a tension in my heart. When I get glimpses of unseen things becoming visible, it motivates and gives my hope traction. However, those glimpses do not mean what is hoped for will happen soon.

Hope is a choice.  Hope is a risk.

Hope requires faith in the unseen. Some days, hope takes everything I have. Hope is a choice for me to believe that there is something just for me. Hope is a place I want to sit in.  I want to hope and believe in love, kindness, faithfulness, joy, grace, forgiveness, commitment, peace, direction, and life to the full. Hope says, "Not me, but you, Lord."  

I am hoping to be able to say that more confidently soon.

What is risky about hope for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!