Monday, September 16, 2013

He Never Lets Go - By Cheryl Laurenza


Photo By Amelia Grace Photography
He Never Lets Go 
By Cheryl Laurenza

“'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the LORD, who has compassion on you."Isaiah 54:10 

“I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land.  I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”  Genesis 28:15  

“And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20

This has been the theme of my life for a while now.  What a journey!!  It would take a book to chronicle all I would like to share, so let me just cover the last couple months of His leading.

This has been a season, a time of letting go, of removing, of painful loss and the promise of Hope.  Sometimes God does not seem to make sense, and if we are not mindful and alert, accepting His sovereignty, we can become very fearful and disillusioned and lose hope.  Yes, these are all normal human emotions that we feel ... for an a while, but we cannot afford to stay there.  We must process and move through it.  We need others that are safe, love us, listen, and intercede. 

My 85 -year-old Dad's failing health, how it is impacting my Mom, and some other family situations have been weighing on us for quite some time.  We have been able to visit maybe every 6-8 weeks in this past year due to leaving my job. 

In this last July, it became clearer as to what was going on behind the scenes.  I sensed God leading us back to New England, even with a time frame of “by November" deeply impressed on my spirit and heart.  We tried to explain it away, rationalize, and continue on, yet there was that still, small voice that we have become familiar with over the years.  I had been praying for clear direction, so wanting to be there, but conflicted, of course, with the life here in Georgia, people we love, and the practice.  Yet, so many things began to happen - people, devotionals, quiet time encounters - and a sense of peace confirmed this in our hearts.  

We listed our house 2-1/2 weeks ago, and it sold yesterday.  I had been outside praying, then at the office alone, crying out to God to in His mercy sell this quickly, as it is too painful to remain, and also to confirm His leading.  God had reminded me over and over with the above verses that we were not alone; He was holding on and would be with us through it all, no matter what comes.  Closing is set almost on the date of our arrival in Georgia 17 years ago!

A friend on an airplane 2 years ago said, “Cheryl, God will use you not because of where you live but because of whose you are."  Prophetic words Pastor Sean. 

I want to encourage all of you to hang in there, seek His face, pray without ceasing, and far more than all the "doing", to listen to that still small voice, quiet your heart and mind, and trust His gentle leading.  For some reason, we have to make it all logical, fit in a box, and know all the ins and outs.  I’m a planner, so I have that propensity, yet I have learned over the years to be more contemplative but trust and walk as I continue to listen.  Yes, I have been scared, sad, shed tears etc., and that’s okay, but still keep moving.  My husband said, “It’s like a river.  God is the current and you have to jump in and let Him move, but it takes trust." 

Trusting....

Cheryl Laurenza, MA, LPC, NCC
CPCS, ACS
The Refuge Counseling Center, LLC
3211 South Cherokee Lane
Suite 640
Woodstock, GA 30188
P: 678 693 2281
F: 888 971 3910
www.refugecounselingcenter.org

You Never Let Go
By Matt Redman 

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
 your perfect love is casting out fear
and even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life 
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear? 

(Chorus :)
Oh no, you never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, you never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me 

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on 
a glorious light beyond all compare and there will be an end to these troubles but until that day comes we’ll live to know you here on the earth

(Chorus)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on and there will be an end to these troubles But until that day comes still I will praise you, still I will praise you 

(Chorus 2x's)
© 2006 Sparrow
YOU NEVER LET GO LYRICS - MATT REDMAN  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!