Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Power of Christ in Me - By Debra Courtney


Photo by Amelia Grace Photography
THE POWER OF CHRIST IN ME
By Debra Courtney

Many of us begin our lives with the goal of wanting to achieve success.  If we haven't entered our career/calling as a result of being Christ inside minded, we will eventually face a chasm of deep frustration and emptiness.  Success may flatter us temporarily, but does not provide a lasting sense of purpose and fulfillment in us.  Our lives with wrong motives, i.e., money, prestige, and even pressure from parents or peers, are like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  If that happens over an extended period, a person crashes.


That being said, my significance should come from fulfilling the God-given purpose for which I was uniquely designed.  Asking Him to confirm this in my own life brings “the power of Christ in me”.  Christ has called me to stand for a cause bigger than myself.  I will have opposition to His call; sometimes it even comes from those in my own family, but if God has called me to it, then I can be sure He will make a way.  He has already opened the way before me; however, I must walk in faith, joined with Him to take the land. "...Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9).

So often defeat is what is required before our victory can be won.  Jesus said that unless the seed dies and goes into the ground it cannot bring forth fruit (see John. 12:24).  The vision may yet happen, but however, there is a better success rate if I live a life of “the power of Christ in me”.


The disciples thought they suffered their greatest defeat when Jesus died on the cross; however, this defeat became the greatest victory on earth.  Christ's death gave liberty. Forgiveness came to all men.  The disciples came forth with new strength.  Resurrection and new life came as a result of a "defeat" but later on gave them the boldness they needed because they had “the power of Christ in them”.


Imagine living with the uncertainty of this situation.  One day we work at getting our "house" in order, only to have to pick up the stakes and move.  Our ability to plan is totally gone.  I have experienced this many a time myself in my own life, but even greater is the temptation to move when the cloud did not move because you felt it was time to move.  We think that perhaps the grass is no longer green, perhaps the water was not easily accessible, perhaps the bugs were a problem.  I need “the power of Christ in me” to be my cloud up in the sky.

Nothing has changed.  It is still the same today.  We are not to move unless the Holy Spirit instructs us to do so.  We are not to make that business deal on the basis of whether or not it makes sense but on the leading of the Holy Spirit's "cloud" in our life.  It is a difficult process to move only when we are directed and to remain if we are not.  The pressure is always upon us to move, to plan, to act, but if we act, we may move into a place where the presence of God may not be.  When I have “the power of Christ in me”, I as His child will learn to move when God says move; it is a sign of complete surrender and dependence on the Holy Spirit to direct my steps which brings me “the power of Christ in me” that strengthens me to do all things according to His good pleasure.  


Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women through coaching to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom and understanding their designed-given personality identities and create their independence!  Your Words creates an environment to enhance your living experiences in ways this world cannot.  Your Words creates an environment to enhance your journey in ways this world cannot.   

“I want women today to be transformed out of your lack of fulfillment, frustration, and pain through the benefits of coaching, to stand and run with the promises that have already been promised to you by your Creator, to be challenged and stirred up to go places that you have never dreamed of, to be motivated in wisdom where you can live a life above and beyond in the exploration and discovery found in the 'who' of how you were created.  Coaching is ideal for taking you through this process and for closing the gap between your 'Here & Now' to 'There'."  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!