Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Overcoming the Lie - I'm A Failure" by Lori Kennedy


TRUTH OR LIE
“For no word from God will ever fail.”  Luke 1:37 (NIV)

I was recently reminded of the saying “You fail at 100% of what you do NOT attempt.”  I needed this reminder as I struggle with risking possible failure.  I’m reading a book as part of my quiet time, and there have been a lot of "AHA" moments for me during this read.  Today I read something that resonated with me.  One of the reaons I may be afraid to take a risk due to fear of possible failure is because I believe the lie “performance equals personhood.”  I believe that if I fail at something then that makes ME a failure,and that’s simply not true!

I believe it was Albert Einstein who said that anyone who has never failed at anything has never attempted anything.  There are so many great stories of those that had to make multiple attempts which resulted in failure before ever suceeding.  I have found myself frozen and not acting out of this fear of failure, and I don’t want to ever do that again!  God has a great plan for my life, as He does for yours, but if we don’t take risks and walk toward the destiny He has prepared for us even in our fear, then we may never get to experience the abundant life that He wants for us.


I love it when God reveals a new false belief to me – it means He’s trusting me to deal with the next layer of healing, because only once I RECOGNIZE the false belief as a lie do I have the power to OVERCOME that lie! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!