Monday, December 2, 2013

"The Wink! Eves' Rip Off - Part 3 - Winners" by Debra Courtney

So you say, "Well, what’s next?  Is there anything you can do to overcome this warfare?"  No, there is nothing you can do.  That is the first thing I had to understand!  It is all about God getting the glory by letting Him take care of the battles of my life.  One time, God’s spirit spoke to me, "Well, okay."  A couple of times, God’s spirit spoke to me and said, “Be still.  Shut up, Debra, and know that I am God.  Just watch what I am going to do!"  I did shut up, and I was still.  He proved to me that He could handle it and did not need my help other than being obedient and believing in Him.  I watched God, with my eyes wide open, move on my behalf and fight my battle(s).  

Wow, what an awesome God I serve.  He solved the issue so vexing me that I could not have come anywhere close to slamming the door on those certain issues as good as God did.  I mean He completely moved them out of my way.  Some of them God has completely moved out of my life.  I gave him the glory and praise for his faithfulness to me.   Now, you may not be able to understand what I am going to say next, but here goes:  Your enemies are a natural and necessary part of your life and my life.  

Just here me out on this.  Jesus told his disciples to expect and anticipate enemies (Matt. 10:16-18, 22, 24, and 25).  Our enemies will do a number of positive things for us if we have the discernment to see them.  Here are a few that I have come to know.  
  • God will fight for me against my enemies (Deut. 20:4).  
  • My enemy will not be allowed by God to win (Ps. 118:6).  
  • I cannot defeat my enemies in my own strength (2 Cor. 3:5, 6). 
  • My enemy provides God an opportunity to reveal His commitment to me (2 Cor. 12:9, 10).  
  • Wisdom in conquering my enemy will be imparted to me during my place of prayer (Ps. 27:5, 6).  
  • The warfare is always seasonal (Eccl. 3:1, 3, 8).   
  • The word of God is my greatest weapon (Eph. 6:17).  
  • I must enter every battle for the purpose to bring glory to God (1 Sam. 17:46). 
  • I expect to win every battle (1 Sam 17:46).  
  • My enemy cannot fight against my God (2 Cor. 20:15, 17).

Now let me tell you about the victories that have come to me because of my enemies.  
  • The size of my reward depends on the size of my enemy (1 Sam. 17:4-7, 25).
  • My enemy reveals to me the wonderful future God has planned for me because the struggle is proof to me that I have not been conquered by my enemy. 
  • Good people have found me because of my enemy.  

Adversity has exposed hidden greatness of others in to my life and also exposed determination in me that I didn’t know that I had and other dormant gifts.  Endurance, wow, what a word.  For me when I endure a battle... no, let me back up now... When I receive the VICTORY for the endurance that God and I went through and He receives the glory, how sweet it is.  We receive a level of knowing and understanding skill every time we do warfare with the enemy.  Our test, victory; test, victory; test, victory each time we learn cause and effect through each one of these tests we come away doing it His way every time.  

There is no other way than His way.  I don’t want to fight any warfare other than His way.  God gets the glory, and we get the victory, not being haughty, but being confident in My God and all the benefits he has for me.  The two words that Jesus said more than any other words are “FEAR NOT”.  I have to remind myself that the battle has already been won!  Why worry?  I don’t have to do anything.  It may look bigger than me, meaner than me, but my Goliath will fall.   Why? It is because God says so, and God never lies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!