Friday, April 25, 2014

"Worth Pursuing" by Lori Kennedy @lori_kennedy





Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 1:6 (NIV)

Oh, how I have struggled with believing that I have worth and value.  Oh, how I’ve wanted to be celebrated and pursused.  This scripture has spoken to my wounded heart, “No eye looked on you with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these things for you.  Rather, you were thrown out into the open field, for on the day you were born you were despised.”  Ezekiel 16:5.  Now I know that I was not truly despised on the day I was born, but through my broken filter, I still struggle with knowing that God has called me worthy and pursues me with relentless abandon.  In my fear of not measuring up, I have taken such comfort in verses like Joel 2:25, "I will restore the years the locusts have eaten.”  Later in Ezekiel (36:26), it says, “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.” 

I don’t know about you, but I’m so glad that God is in the restoration business.  He created you with a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11), knowing that you have worth and value.  He celebrates your life and relentlessly pursues you.  You matter to God!

If you have placed your faith in Christ, then you are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17).  Now is the time to claim this promise and walk in the abundant life that He has promised to you.  This can only be done one step at a time and by purposefully practicing living truth instead of a lie.

Whenever I am feeling down, I turn to scripture, prayer, and Godly counsel to pull me out of the pit.  A few good worship tunes never hurt either.  Find yourself some trustworthy and Godly friends that won’t lead you astray.  Find yourself a few great scriptures that speak to your heart, and go to the throne of grace, allowing God to delicately mold you into the precious vessel that He planned before the foundation of the world!  He has plans for you and promises to carry that good work to completion.  He is pursuing you and has given you a new spirit to carry out this work.  Be brave – Be courageous – Be strong!

Have you ever felt unworthy?
What do you do with these feelings?
Do you walk in your purpose and abundant life?  If not, is there something that you could implement that would help you get there?


Christian vocalist and speaker Lori Kennedy believes in sharing the gifts and talents in which Christ has blessed her.  Authenticity, transparency, and vulnerability are imperative to touching hearts for the Lord.  As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse from those in authority over her outside of her family of origin, Lori has had to overcome much to fulfill the destiny that God created just for her! 

You can find out more about Lori and her ministry, 
Alpha Omega Ministries, at her website www.lorikennedy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!