Monday, April 28, 2014

"This Kiss, This Kiss" by Debra Courtney




  
Quick question... How many of you reading this have experienced betrayal, been burned by someone you trusted, or been stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a true friend?  I would imagine, if you have been a member of the human race for a while, you have experienced these hurtful moments in your life.  Would you agree with me that a KISS is a very intimate display of emotion towards someone?  I think you would.

When I have experienced moments such as the ones above, my thoughts go to that night that Jesus was betrayed by Judas with a KISS.  He, if anyone, knows what it feels like to be betrayed.

When someone becomes a betrayer, you can be certain that the person was never who you thought they were to begin with or you had sensed something wasn’t right to begin with, but allowed yourself to go ahead with the relationship anyway.

Jesus always knew that Judas would betray him; however, Jesus loved Judas, even to sharing Communion with him on that very same night of betrayal.

I have asked myself that question just as I am sure that very same thought has crossed your mind, too.  Jesus knew Judas would be disloyal to Him, so why did he extend so much of himself to someone who would betray him even with allowing Judas KISS him.

Could these be your KISS?

Have you ever betrayed or denied Jesus in your own life?

Have you ever violated His authority in your life by not obeying Him?

Have you ever been unfaithful or disloyal to Jesus?

Have you ever brought Jesus into a situation that was of your own evil desires?

If we are honest with ourselves, we will answer “YES” to the entire question above.  Guess what... Jesus knew we would do these things before He called you and me and saved us. However, He did not reject us, or disown us, did He?  No, he forgave you and me, and He still forgives us when we mess up ridiculously with a KISS.

I am so glad that Jesus is so patience with us; aren’t you?  I am so grateful that He gives you and me so many chances to get things right; aren’t you?  The CROSS, oh, how mighty is the CROSS!

So, what did I learn from these experiences?  I learned to be determined to never let a Judas be my best friend again that I am going to on purpose allow the Holy Spirit to lead me to the finest friends I have ever had in my life.  Do you do this?

Yes, it has been painful, but I am willing to allow those past experiences to work for me and not against me.  As I have experienced a KISS of betrayal from my very own family, I refuse to allow betrayal dictate to me who I am.  Oh, yes, I could have allowed a spirit of offense creep in; however, that is not who I am.  It was not who Jesus was.  I can’t afford to lose my VICTORY with the KISS of betrayal, and Jesus didn’t allow it either.  He is VICTORIOUS as our RISEN SAVIOR!  I forgive my betrayers just as Jesus forgave me. Think about allowing Jesus to work a might work in you this season of forgiveness of those who have betrayed you.  I promise you will never be the same.



Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women globally to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom, understanding their designed-given personality identities, and create their purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!