Friday, December 5, 2014

A Room Called Grace by Debra Courtney



Amelia Grace Photography

I spent a great amount of time in the “Room of Good Intentions”. I described my sin as guilt and others who sinned against me as hurt. I developed at a very early age of what mask(s) to put on according to the circumstances/manipulations in response to surviving self-preservation.  I’d say the “High Cost of a Two-Faced Life” fit me to a T.          

“Room Called Grace”

In the past I supplied myself a lot of self-effort and a lot of jumping through hoops and juggling manipulation for many, many years. Finally I ran out of strength, ability, and breath, and I said, “God, if anything good is to come out of my life, you will have to do it.  I’ve tried. I can’t. I’m so tired. Please God, you will have to give me the life I am dreaming of.  I can’t keep doing this anymore. Help me. You must make it happen or I’m doomed.”  Then I turned the doorknob and walked into a room where I noticed that trusting God pleased him.  Also, my faith pleases Him, not my tears, but my faith. My faith moves mountains not my pity parties.  Knowing this encouraged me and strengthened me, and lets me know that God is pleased with me.

In Oswald Chambers, “My Utmost For His Highest”, on February 16 in his book says, “God does not give us overcoming life - He gives us life as we overcome.”  God paid a very precious and infinite price by sending His son to this earth on my behalf, to give me a new identity in Him.  I have every blessing that Deuteronomy 28 says I have.  I am who God says I am, and we work on my sin together. God knows my DNA, and he knows that I am in Christ and Christ is in me. Let the redeemed of the Lord say so!

“I Know the Plans I have for You”

Most of my life I had a plan. Plan A, B, C, and D if I needed it.  Now my plan is, I do the trusting and praying and let God do the worrying.  It’s that simple.  Now I call out to God and say “Hey, you got a problem.”  God's realm of grace resolves my sin issues.  I love this freedom so much because it provides me with truth, acceptance, healing, safety, perspective, and power that I did not know before.  Grace keeps me focused to trust God to handle my sin, sin behavior that’s in unbelievers that I live and work with, circumstances and issues that I deal with daily.

When I trust God, I live by this value: The godly are those who trust God with themselves. I can be exactly who I am, with all my issues and problems and unresolved stuff, and still fully experience grace, love, and acceptance.  This is a great feeling!

He designed me to be all that he has called me to be.  He stirs up my spirit and I love the fact that he handed me my ticket of destiny with my name on it, and smiles, and whispered into my ear, “you have no idea how long I’ve waited to hand this to you. Have a blast! I’ve already seen what you get to do.  It’s better than you could have dreamed.  Now hurry up a whole lot of folks’  waiting for you to walk in your destiny and into their lives.”  I still stumble around, but that’s what the Room of Grace is all about. It’s where I am protected by God grace for me.  For God’s grace is perfected in my imperfection. 

Thank You God for your AMAZING GRACE!

***To hear and learn more about "The Room of Grace," "The Room of Good Intentions," and "The ticket of destiny," please visit www.TrueFaced.com 


Debra’s life goal is to inspire and motivate women globally to become all they have been created and designed to be by using the guiding principles of their Creator’s word in gaining wisdom, understanding their designed-given personality identities & create their purpose! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!