Monday, March 23, 2015

True Courage by Cheryl Laurenza



"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

This verse is even more awesome when you read it in context of what was happening at that time, and what he was heading into. I don't know about you but seems like I am in that space myself. I strongly heard the leading to "go" but I was anything but courageous at first. I loved my life, my friends, Church and especially the weather, can I get an amen for Georgia weather?! I had my own LLC in a beautiful space , and added a couple of dear friends to work with me as we ministered to hurting people. "It doesn't make sense God, why now?" I/ we finally came to the place where we looked at the situations at hand with family back East, and of course we wanted to be near, and yet....did I mention I hate the cold?!  I haven't lived in New England since late 1996 but that was the call. I heard this scripture often as my knees were knocking at times, but step by step as hard as it was, it all fell into place with the sale, and purchase and other details. There were obstacles of course and things that loomed but each time we would look to him for his courage and strength when we would (and still) struggle.

Think about what happens next in the passage, the city of Jericho falling and God even used an unlikely ally in their path, how cool is that?! God calls us to follow what he says, stay on his path, don't stray to the left or the right, trust him and he will give you every place you set your foot,  if it is his plan, his time, in his way, he is in control. If it is me, in my time, in my way....yikes...I have done this and it is stressful, may or may not work out, but there is never that peace and that blessing of knowing you are in the center of his will for that time. This does not mean it is this forever, we need to learn to be fluid, hold things loosely, and recognize we are sojourners not captains of our own destiny.  I don't want that, I want to rest more, struggle less, and some day hear " well done good and faithful servant."

As we approach the awesome time of Easter, remembering what he has done for us at the Cross and continues to do, I want to encourage you to be strong and courageous, you don't walk alone, and you have a purpose.

 Blessings


Cheryl Laurenza, LPC, LCMHC
For more information on aloneness in marriage or otherwise, check out Center For Relational Care out of Austin, TX or contact me via email.
calaurenza@comcast.net
www.refugecounselingcenter.org





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!