Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Jesus Restores by Cheryl Lutz



“And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten..” (Joel 2:25, King James Version)


I was standing in the fitting room gazing into the mirror contemplating my choice, when the voice of my teenage daughter interrupted my thoughts.  “Did you find one, Mom?”  I affirmed; then her next words rocked my little fitting room world.  Well, let me see!

Gulp! She seriously wanted to see it.  I regretfully admit that this was one of the first shopping trips we had ever gone on together without angry words being tossed back and forth.  But this day had been different. My firstborn girl and I were having a beautiful time at the mall together.

I didn't want to alter the mood, so I sheepishly opened the door. To our mutual horror, her face melted before my eyes as she screamed, “Eww…not on!”  I quickly closed the door feeling mortified as I heard giggling coming from the surrounding rooms.  

She is now 24 years old, and we laugh hysterically about the day I opened the fitting room door shirtless, to show her the bra I had chosen. We also rejoice in the fact that we are now close friends.

My girls and me.  Hannah is on the left
 
Dear Ones, it was not always like this.  We allowed worlds to collide with my fashion-loving girl and our fishbowl existence as a Pastor's family.

I confess many times I objected to her clothing based more on what others might think, rather than personal and biblical convictions.  I allowed Satan to drive a wedge between one of my children and me.

Do you fight with your teens about clothing?  Are your convictions based on biblical principles or are they more about fear of what others think?

Stop and pray now for wisdom.  Open the lines of communication and ask for forgiveness for ungodly responses.  Explain the beauty and blessing of honoring our Heavenly Father in all things, including our clothing.  Make sure the bottom line is about glorifying Him, and not primarily about trying to meet other’s expectations. 

Like me, have you allowed the locusts (our enemy) to eat precious years with your children?  Take heart!  As we seek His face and obedience to His word he fulfills His promise to: “Restore the years the locusts have eaten!”  What He has done for my girl and me, He will do for you too!

Throwback of Hannah

Cheryl Lutz is passionate to teach women how to tear down strongholds and find freedom in Christ. A pastor’s wife for twenty-five years, Cheryl possesses a vibrant love for teaching the Word of God. She is the founder of Securely Held, LLC, where she works as a trained and experienced lay counselor and speaker.
You may contact Cheryl through her blog at:www.securelyheld.com
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/securelyheld
Twitter: @clutz40
Email: clutz40@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!