Wednesday, May 13, 2015

For We Walk By Faith ... by Cheryl Lutz




My legs were heavy as lead.  My body felt as if it had weights attached to every muscle group.  Breathing became more and more of an effort.  It was not my first time experiencing these symptoms, and I knew it was time to get to the ER due to a myasthenia gravis flare-up, yet I was the only one at home.  I began calling different friends who lived near me, but every single call went to voicemail.  My husband was miles away in Ohio performing a funeral for his dear aunt.  I thought to myself, should I call an ambulance? I didn't want to!  I prayed one more time and thought of my 16-year-old son, just down the road, working at Zaxby's.  I called his manager and told her I was having a medical emergency and needed my son to take me to the nearby ER.  I bumped my way down the stairs in a sitting position, one step at a time.  Joey quickly made it home and helped me into the car, and delivered me safe and sound to the ER.  I assured him he could leave me to the professionals, and get himself back to work.

It wasn't long before I was in a room receiving my IVIG treatments.  Many were praying that this would be effectual to my healing or going back into remission.

A week later I was back in bed with muscle weakness, then back to the ER to try a plasmapheresis (plasma exchange) treatment at the recommendation of my neurologist. 

The following is what I wrote in a previous blog:

"After 16 years of living with myasthenia gravis (an autoimmune disease), I long for physical healing. This last hospital stay was for five days of plasmapheresis (plasma exchange). Polluted antibodies were removed, and replaced with fresh plasma. I picture the Holy Spirit coming in and removing my sin and replacing it with more of Himself.  May I long more for the table He sets before me. The wine representing His cleansing blood, cleansing mine. The bread His body, broken for me, that I might be whole.  By His stripes, I am healed, in this life or the next!"

I felt much better after the plasmapheresis.  I began to enjoy the beauty of a made bed again!  Those with a chronic illness know what a privilege it is to get up and make the bed, rather than spend the day in it.

My friends, I continue to learn more and more about "walking by faith and not by sight."  I feel my mind and body are being renewed yet I don't always see it.  I continue to experience "unmade bed" days.  Days where walking to the restroom seems like climbing Mt. Everest, only much warmer :)

I want to SEE my body strong, and my bed made, every day.  Please pray I will find joy in walking by FAITH instead. 

"While we are waiting, God is working." (Pastor Michael Youssef)

What about you?  Are you willing to stand on God's promises and "walk by faith, not by sight?” 


Cheryl Lutz is passionate to teach women how to tear down strongholds and find freedom in Christ. A pastor’s wife for twenty-five years, Cheryl possesses a vibrant love for teaching the Word of God. She is the founder of Securely Held, LLC, where she works as a trained and experienced lay counselor and speaker.
You may contact Cheryl through her blog at:www.securelyheld.com
On Facebook: www.facebook.com/securelyheld
Twitter: @clutz40
Email: clutz40@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!