Monday, May 18, 2015

Lessons Learned in the Pond By Cheryl Laurenza

I don’t mean to say I am perfect. I haven’t learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be.

13 No, dear brothers, I am still not all I should be, but I am bringing all my energies to bear on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God is calling us up to heaven because of what Christ Jesus did for us.

Philippians 3:12-14 TLB

Hey Ladies. I hope you are enjoying Spring time. Here in NH it is gorgeous after such a harsh and loooonnngg Winter. I want to share some thoughts I've had as I kayak around the pond.

I love kayaking, the serenity, the fresh air, me and the dog, time with God and his creation. We have a couple of Beavers that I watch from time to time. When something or someone breaks up the dam and water starts to leak out, these amazing creatures jump into action - actually, they don't jump, they seem to remain calm and  just continue on diligently fixing the leaks.

Here's how it works :

*Leak detected
*Investigate situation, assess damage and what needs to happen
*Gather help, and sticks, lots of sticks, and mud
*Together repair the spot making sure it is water tight, leaving no room for danger
*Go back to work cutting down trees, monitoring home, continuing to do what they are created to do, steadfast

For us, it would be a good take away to remember not only the steps, but the overall position of the beaver. They may become alert to a serious threat, be concerned, yet they don't freak out, remain calm, trusting their friends, being diligent in doing what they were created to do, and moving forward. They are responsible, hard working, and vigilant.

In Christ, we are equipped to do the same.

Blessings

Cheryl Laurenza, LPC, LCMHC
For more information on aloneness in marriage or otherwise, check out Center For Relational Care out of Austin, TX or contact me via email.
calaurenza@comcast.net
www.refugecounselingcenter.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!