Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Obedience produces Abundance by Lori Kennedy



Can you fathom the mysteries of God?   
Can you probe the limits of the Almighty?”
Job 11:7 (NIV)

I love the teaching of Pastor Crawford Loritts. One Sunday he said, “Sometimes subtraction is multiplication in God’s economy.”

The mysteries of God never cease to amaze me…

I remember when I was laid off in a horrible market and our income was cut in half in one day. The company I was working for went out of business so there was no severance and I did not even get paid for my unused vacation time. Although I had known it was coming, it was still a shock when it happened. How do you really plan for that?
 
This was to be a time of faith building in our lives. I had always been in homebuilding and there were no homebuilding jobs to be found when the market crashed in 2008. The market conditions were not good to sell our home and downsize and we still had two boys in high school that I didn’t want to change their school district.

In all of this, we were determined to continue to tithe even though the math just didn’t add up. However, God is gracious and His mysteries of abundance abound. Somehow, at the end of each month, we had paid ever bill, tithed, and we never missed a meal! It was a modern day miracle of fishes and loaves because in God’s economy 1+1 had not equaled 2, but 5, or 6 or even 10!

Another way God multiplies our abundance is in our obedience to His calling on our lives and our service to His people.

I just returned from an Overcoming conference in Maine where God had connected me with a precious woman who brought me in for this conference.  I was reminded that we are called to serve, but in that service God blesses us. It’s another one of the great mysteries of God’s abundance.  When we are obedient, we are blessed. Do you know that your obedience can even lead to someone else receiving the answer to a prayer?

I would love for you to respond to this message by sharing a time when your obedience produced God’s mysterious abundance.


Christian vocalist and speaker Lori Kennedy believes in sharing the gifts and talents in which Christ has blessed her.  Authenticity, transparency, and vulnerability are imperative to touching hearts for the Lord.  As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse from those in authority over her outside of her family of origin, Lori has had to overcome much to fulfill the destiny that God created just for her!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!