“Sing to the Lord a new song” Psalm 96:1a (NIV)
God knows I’m a 2x4 kind of girl. I also tend to see God in coincidence. I love it when God passes a message my way and then confirm it 800 times so that I’m sure to get it. He’s faithful that way most times.
Right now that message is that I need to be willing to DO something NEW. God’s grace is a gift and it’s not something we have earned or deserve. We do not have to DO things in order to get or to keep grace. However, when He fills our hearts, the natural overflow of that grace is to pour out through drawing others toward that same acceptance (love, hope, peace, joy) we ourselves have received.
I already know that I’m a planner. I love my to do list…sometimes to a fault. Several messages given to me lately are:
· Make a plan
· When you fail to plan, you plan to fail
· Transform God’s message into action
· When God sees you doing your part, developing what He has given you, then He will do His part and open doors no man can shut
· God didn’t send His Son only to pray for us but also to act for us – Jesus transformed God’s message into action
· Insanity = doing the same thing and expecting different results
· The first step to getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are
· Sacred routines become empty rituals if we do them out of left-brain memory instead of right-brain imagination
How interesting that each of these messages came to me within a few days of each other. So now it’s time to seek out what NEW thing I should DO to keep shining for His glory. Does this speak to you, too? I hope it does.
Christian vocalist and speaker Lori Kennedy believes in sharing the gifts and talents in which Christ has blessed her. Authenticity, transparency, and vulnerability are imperative to touching hearts for the Lord. As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse from those in authority over her outside of her family of origin, Lori has had to overcome much to fulfill the destiny that God created just for her!
ALPHA OMEGA MINISTRIES
Facebook - lori.d.kennedy
Twitter - lori_kennedy
I-Tunes - Lori Kennedy