Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dying of Thirst ~ a Guest post by @SundiJo

I became acquainted with Sundi Jo Graham through mutual friends and knew from the start that I had been introduced to someone special. Sundi Jo has a powerful story to tell and I am so thrilled that she has been given the opportunity to do so in her new book, "Dear Dad...Did you know I was a Princess?" We at Church 4 Chicks are honored to have her writing for us today and we are confident you'll be blessed by this post.

Because He First Loved me,
Shelley
  *********************************************************************
Photo By Amelia Grace Photography
Dying of Thirst
By
Sundi Jo 

“Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” - John 4:13-14
From Dear Dad... 

As I walked back to the wine department, I got a text message from my friend Jennifer. It was John 4:13-14. 

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 

How did she know? Was it God? He was finally reaching out. Now what? I could have put it up, turned around, and gone home, and no one would have known, but I didn’t. 

As I walked up to the counter to pay, she sent another text. Ecclesiastes 2:3 flashed across the screen, “The king tried everything, including intoxicating drink, to see if it satisfied. It did not.” 

What was I to do with that? He is enough to satisfy. Even kings cannot be satisfied. Was I doing it for satisfaction? Had I tried everything? I certainly wasn’t doing it because I was thirsty. It was too late. I couldn’t turn around now; I would embarrass myself. 

More... 

Isn't so easy to satisfy ourselves? To indulge our flesh with the "things of this world." We convince ourselves in moments of despair that God can't help us. We've screwed up too much for Him to come to our rescue now.  

That's so far from the truth. He's right there, waiting. Waiting for us to call on him, cry out for his help, and admit we can't do life without him. 

I remember that day as if it just happened. I remember the cold chill traveling down my spine as I gripped the frosty wine bottle in my hand. In a few hours I would be thirsty again, seeking something other than the only one who could fill me up - Jesus. He was enough to satisfy.  

He is enough to satisfy. 

Do you believe that today?  


Sundi Jo is an author and speaker. Her first book Dear Dad, a memoir of gritty redemption, offering hope to the broken, is available now. You can find her on Twitter and Facebook.  

Sundi Jo 
Writer, Speaker, Lover of Life
www.sundijo.com

"A memoir of gritty redemption, offering hope to the broken." - deardadthebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey!! We LOVE hearing from our readers and fellow Church Chicks! Please leave a comment to let us know you stopped by!